Japanese Steakhouse

Feb 11, 2009

Went to Tepanyaki last night. Sigh. I love it so. On the way into the restaurant I said to Richard,

"You know what my favorite thing about Tepanyaki is? Making new friends!"

And then we laughed together. Ha ha ha haa! Because the possibility of having to make small talk with strangers is almost enough to keep me from eating there. Almost. But not quite. Because those noodles are so good. I think next time I am just going to order noodles with noodles on the side and forget about the chicken and vegetables. My favorite thing about Tepanyaki, though, is that it is dinner AND a show! And come on, it's a show involving food, and fire, and onion volcanoes! What could possibly be better? Watching our chef, who looked like a highly disciplined Karate Master, flip an egg around on a spatula, throw salt into the air and hit people in the face with shrimp just brought me all kinds of joy.